Sunday, March 12, 2006

We're Off!

After much anxiety, prayer, and discussion, and after a few roller-coaster weeks of interviews and job offers all over south-central Ontario, a very difficult choice has been made, and Mike and I are very pleased to announce that he has accepted a teaching job at Heritage Christian School in Jordan, Ontario. He will most likely be teaching Grade 6, and we will be moving out to the St Catherines area some time during the summer. Now that this one first major decision in our lives as a married couple has been made, we have a direction to head and some more decisions to make about where we will live, what church we will attend, and other details that come into play when you relocate to a new area. It seems strange and foreign to me, this whole idea of moving away. I don't think the reality of it has really hit me yet - I've lived my whole life here in Hamilton, with my biggest move being to Redeemer, which is not really a big move since it's less than 10 minutes from the Mussche family homestead. A new place to live? A new church? A new community? A new grocery store? No more Bennett's? This first year of marriage living in our little Redeemer apartment has served as a buffer time for adjusting to a new life, and for that I am thankful. I'm not so very good at handling change, and it would have been hard to adjust to the combination of being married AND moving to a new city at the same time. However, I must say that I got used to married life very very quickly, and I think both of us can attest to the fact that we can't imagine it any other way. And so, I'm sure we'll settle in just fine. Southeastward we shall go!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Congrats guys! I'm sure it's wonderful to finally have a direction and place for the next few years!

I'm glad you'll still relatively be close by... :)