Monday, July 24, 2006

Is it a Little Breezy in Here?

So, today I was at work, changing out of my biking clothes into my work clothes, and I learned something new about my not-so-new pants. Apparently, they have been washed too many times to remain extremely wearable. Yup, nice big rip, in a strategic location, resulting in a higly awkward situation for me. Trying to be creative with staples, tape, and the cut-off top part of my socks didn't result in a suitable remedy to my problems, so I made an emergency trip to the Dollarama for some needles and thread. Thankfully, it was the last day for those pants anyways since I'm working in aisles for the next few days instead of receiving. Why couldn't they have given up the ghost tomorrow instead?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What, no picture posted? It would be nice to see your creation!!
I've heard of people using duct tape before and even silicone glue to fix their pants

Karen said...

haha... that happened to me when I was working at Connon's and we just used greenhouse super-tape (for the big plastic greenhouses) to put it back together. Needless to say, I never got that tape off. :P

ADasa said...

Duct tape fixes ANYTHING doesn't it?

Unknown said...

Amazing things certainly can be done with duct tape.
Check out this web site for some phenomenal creations:

http://www.stuckatprom.com/contests/prom/entries.asp

ADasa said...

Rachel - can you take my last name off of your link please? Thanks! Dawn

ADasa said...

Thanks Rachel - this world is smaller than we think & there are some strange ones out there!

Are ya moved yet?!
D

rebekah said...

rach. i miss you already. :(

Anonymous said...

How's the new house?

Theresa said...

Hey there...just touching base.
I trust all went well with the move. Crazy about the pants!!! How was the wedding (and the pics?!)
:)