Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

Best wishes for a happy and blessed New Year go out to all those who still check this blog. May we continue to look to the Lord for all that we need in the coming year, and may He continue to bless all that we do in His name!
A note to the Blog Police who posted the "intimidating" note on my blog - will you accept an apology for the non-activity in posting... things have been very busy, and little Peter does not seem willing to share any of his time to let me have time to blog. It's been more than a month now since I posted, and he was not even 10 days old yet at that point. He is now 6 weeks and 3 days old, and he has been growing very well! Born at 8 lbs 3 oz, he weighed 11 lbs 6 oz last Thursday, when he was 5 weeks 5 days old. So, he's putting on the pounds and changing so much all the time! The last few weeks he has been getting quite fussy, doing a lot of crying and sometimes is fairly inconsolable. He makes it a little difficult to get things done around here! With lots of love, cuddles and patience, we look forward to making it through these colicky weeks to a time when he is a little happier for us. We were treated this morning to some big smiles from our little guy - so beautiful! And so good to see our little boy so happy for a while.
Christmas time has been busy, as usual, and we quite enjoyed our visits with family. We spent the first few days of Mike's holiday at the Vander Deens in Strathroy, and then another few days in Hamilton with the Mussches. Now we are back at home, enjoying some family time together before school starts again.
And I'll post a few pictures as well, although I don't have too many available to me on this computer.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Och... i miss my boy! I loved having you all over for Christmas time... and am sad that it will probably be a while before we do that again. The pictures are so nice too... i especially like the one where I think Mom is holding him and he's kinda staring off into the distance... it's a neat shot! I'm coming for a help/visit soon. Please give Peter a kiss for me and tell him i love him (i love you both too!)
Happy New Year! Aunt Danielle