Monday, September 15, 2008

Year of Plenty??

Well, this year I decided to try a vegetable garden. I started on a pretty small scale, and had a few tomatoes, peppers, beans, broccoli, carrots, and cantaloupe plants. The beans were the first to be harvested, and I'm still getting lots of beans off the plants, which has been great. Next were the tomatoes, which also are still producing well. I had a few peppers but overall peppers didn't work too well for me. I've eaten one cantaloupe, and there are quite a few more out there but they're fairly small and don't look quite ready to eat yet. The broccoli? What a joke. Never mind the broccoli. Last week I decided to harvest the rest of the carrots - I had previously gotten one meal's worth out of the garden, and I was curious to see how much was left. The harvest was a little dismal...
These are the carrots I pickedThese are the carrots we ate
Here we have an amputee carrot
And there were even some vampire carrots in the mix
Some of these vampire carrots were on a diet
I guess the seed package did say "Baby carrots"
But these "Baby Carrots" were a little ridiculous, barely bigger than a raisin
And here we have a carrot... that isn't even there?

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Perhaps your groundhogs were Bunnicula's kin?! That would at least explain the whiteness of the carrots...

Unknown said...

Bunnicula!!! How could I have forgotten?