Friday, December 05, 2008

Early December Update

Well, we're into December now - the lights are up, and the house is slowly getting decorated. I seem to have misplaced my creativity again, and this has been making it difficult to make things look semi-festive. Oh well, we don't really spend much of the Christmas season at our house anyways.
The loss of my creativity has not only resulted in a lack of decorating skills, but also in a lack of inspiration for writing blogs. I hope this is not too disappointing for my three readers.
How about I just post pictures.

This is Peter at his first First Birthday party, in Strathroy. Yes, he's standing
on his own... he'll do that if it's his own idea, and this week he's even taken
his first few steps between his Mom and Dad! However, if it's not his idea,
there's nothing we can do to convince him to straighten those noodle legs.Taste-testing the cake with cousin Robert in the backgroundWe got to meet our brand-new nephew Matthew Richard when we
were in Strathroy... I don't really have any great pictures but here he is,
not even 2 days old!Hmmm... the once favourite Blue's Clues book has been completely
destroyed over the last little while. While he used to be so careful with
flap books, Peter seems to have developed the idea that flaps are for
ripping and eating for lunch. Peter at his second First Birthday party, on his actual birthday here in
St. Catharines. What a lucky boy! Two parties, two cakes, two messy
eating sessions... what else could a little boy want? It appears that the cake was fairly goodOf course, with a birthday comes presents. We have to wonder, though,
if the age suggestions on the box might be a little too young, as I don't
see anyone under 20 years old playing with anything in this picture...
actually that big house-looking thing wasn't a gift from any of us - one of
my managers from work gave it to me and I thought I would let Peter play
with it for a while despite the fact that it hardly fits in the living room.
Unfortunately he likes playing with it quite a lot, so I guess we will be
tripping over it for a while yet! Why can't kids like the small toys?
Pictures of Little Vander Deen #2! We had an ultrasound on Nov 26
and it was so exciting to see this little one moving around in there.
I've been feeling little kicks for 5 weeks or so now, and it's exciting
to know we're halfway there to meeting him/her!

Eating spaghetti on his own... of course it's stone cold by the time he
actually gets it in his mouth, but he had fun trying to pick it up.
Definitely an eat-in-the-kitchen ordeal!I turned around the other day from washing the dishes
to see this little milk monster on the floor

2 comments:

Danielle said...

My dearest... i'm pretty sure you have more than three readers... and we do appreciate your writing style... but pics are always fun too! I was glad to see that the "hungry crocodile" is useful... and that milk picture made me nearly snort the orange juice that i was drinking...

amymom24 said...

Danielle also got two parties with two cakes. They just love it, eh?

Cool to see pics of baby #2. Unfortunately, there is no chance of us giving this baby a birthday bud again. Maybe "unfortunately" isn't the right word... LOL

Hope all continues to go well with your pregnancy and that Peter continues to grow and develop into a fun little boy:)