Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Good Idea, Blogger!

I signed into Blogger this morning to check for any new comments - surprise, there were none (shame on you readers who don't leave comments!).  But I did find something that made my day in a nerdy kind of way.  Blogger has added page statistics to its site, so you can track how many people look at your site, where they're from, and how they got to your site, among other things.  I already have a site-stat tracker through another website, but I use the free version so it only tracks the last 100 visits.  This might all sound somewhat creepy and stalker-ish, but I can't tell WHO it is that is looking at the blog (although I'd love to know who you all are!) and since it's my blog anyways, it's nice to know that there are actually people who bother to read.  And a shout to all you who might be reading and have never left a comment - I would LOVE to hear from you, and I don't think it's weird if you haven't talked to me for years or don't even really know me at all.  Drop a line, and let me know you're out there!

6 comments:

ADasa said...

I'm here - stalking you as usual!! :)
I didn't know about that feature from Blogger...will have to check it out!
How much time left until Baby arrives??
D

Unknown said...

Hi! It is a neat feature... maybe more helpful if you were using the blog to make money but I find it really interesting :)
I'm 37 weeks now, so 3 weeks until the due date - Peter was on his due date, and Aaron was 11 days early (10 lbs too, so thankfully early!) Can't wait until Baby comes!

Anonymous said...

i will try to leave comments, it is after all very encouraging.and i sure hope you continue your blog.
mom

Unknown said...

Thanks Mom! I enjoy having the blog, and looking forward to eventually publishing it again once there is enough material. :)

Rod and Bec said...

I'm a loyal fan, too, Rachel.
I rarely have anything witty to say in the comments, though, so I just like hearing a bit about your lives.
Blessings to you all, especially in these last few weeks before Baby arrives.
Rebecca

Unknown said...

No wit required! I've certainly lost most of mine :P I enjoy reading your blog as well :)