Friday, February 25, 2011

Snow Day

Just got back in from shovelling the driveway - we actually got snow when a snowstorm was predicted!  Since the last snowstorm was a bit of a joke, we didn't expect anything this time either.  In fact, by 5:30 this morning there still hadn't been a flake and all thoughts of "snow day" were gone.  But lo and behold, a phone call came at 7:00 informing me of the cancellation of school, so I could start a phone chain for one of the bus routes.  Not that a snow day really means anything different for me here at home - Mike was already long gone to school, and I wasn't really planning to go out and do anything anyways.  I bundled the kids up and took them outside to "help" me shovel the driveway and get a little bit of fresh air.  Nate wasn't terribly cooperative staying all wrapped up on the front porch in his carseat, but the driveway got cleared and we had fun.  When the snow covers up all the dirty piles at the side of the road and blankets the yard in white, it makes the long days of winter somewhat more bearable.  Not that I'm not looking forward to spring!!

No comments: