Thursday, June 02, 2011

June Update

Aunt Dell came for a visit, and, of course, only the lucky few get away without reading the boys a book or two.  Or perhaps those who get away without reading books are not so lucky after all... it's pretty sweet to sit with three bundles of love and joy while you read them stories!
I'm a little bit sad that this picture turned
out so blurry... it's a pretty cute one
 I wonder if there's another new tooth on the horizon... lots of drool going on
 Practicing writing his name
 I am so impressed with this picture of me that he drew this week!  It's hanging on my fridge.  A face with all the essential features, and I've got arms and legs.  No body, but that's no biggie - who needs a body when you have "a hook that can open doors and carry things" (according to Peter) attached to one of your legs 
 Brothers
 It's hard to take a picture of yourself with three small children, haha
 The boys just got bicycle helmets and were so excited about them that they had to wear them at breakfast time.  They like to call themselves "workermen" when they have them on.  Hopefully their enthusiasm about wearing them will remain for many years...
Yeah, that's the temperature it was on Tuesday outside my kitchen window as I was washing dishes.  The highest I saw it was 42.9 but my hands were too soapy to take a picture.  This was not a nice re-introduction to summer!  Anyone out there who wants to donate a central air conditioner to us is more than welcome to.  In the mean time, on hot days like this you might find me sprawled on the concrete floor in the basement trying to cool off  
I was helping Aaron in the bathroom the other day while Peter and Nate were in the living room.  Peter was busy playing with a large cardboard box, and Nate was on the other side of the room when I left.  However, when I got back to the living room, Nate was inside the box and Peter was playing peek-a-boo with him and closing the flaps.  Little Nate, I sure wish you could tell me how you got inside that box, because I have a feeling you didn't crawl in there yourself...
A group of ladies from the morning Bible study I attend got together yesterday morning for a picnic at Port Dalhousie.  We had a nice time, and the kids had fun playing on the playground.   
 It was a bright day - good thing the boys wear their hats without complaint
 And GUESS WHO TOOK A BOTTLE when we got home from the park.  Yes, the ever-so-stubborn Nathaniel!  I could hardly believe it.  He downed 3.5 oz holding the bottle on his own.  Of course, he didn't want anything to do with it again today - actually he refused to nurse or take a bottle all day until I put him down for bed tonight - but at least I know there is some hope.
I saved this picture after it went flying around on Facebook the day after the royal wedding from Prince William and Kate Middleton.
I thought it was pretty funny! 

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Nice update Rach...and yes, it is interesting to figure out how poor little Nate got into that box without being able to crawl...suspicious or what?

Lee-Anne said...

I can't wait to be the Aunt that comes over and reads and spoils the neices/nephews!!!

Your boys look like they have so much fun and you are an awesome Mom to let their creativity rome!

Unknown said...

Thanks Lee-Anne :) I'm sure you will be a super-fun Aunt!!

Lauren said...

Great to see another update, Rach - I always love the pictures.

That last one from the Royal Wedding is so funny, too!!!

Carol said...

I don't read your blogs enough... then I have 'loads' of reading... almost like reading a small book ;) Just thought the 'hitting' story was so good....it is because you are so consistant in your teaching..you and Mike are great parents!!!