Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Under the Weather

Mommy flops down on the couch, feeling a little under the weather.  Immediately, as if warning bells have gone off, all three kids swarm the couch and must maintain physical contact at all times.  Kid One climbs onto the couch, settles himself behind my knees and proceeds to poke at the buttons and stitching on my pants, asking questions without hesitation.  Kid Two tries cuddling with me for a few moments, then brings a book to read to me to make me feel better.  I am entertained by a somewhat adapted version of "I Have To Go" whose main character, Michael VannerDeen, takes Grandma's sandwiches away and can't find the toilet.  Kid Three keeps himself heartily amused by repeatedly poking my nose as hard as he can and hitting me on the head with a board book.  My rejuvenating rest on the couch is brought to an end by the Board Book Headache, and I decide the best way to deal with being under the weather would be to start supper.