Monday, April 29, 2013

Into His Glory


Psalm 73:23-26

Yet I am always with You; You hold me by my right hand.
You guide me with Your counsel,
and afterward you will take me into glory.
Whom have I in heaven but You?
And earth has nothing I desire besides You.
My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

Dear family and friends,
It is with deep sadness that we share that our beloved husband, father, and grandfather was called home into glory this morning at 5 am.  After a courageous battle with leukemia, and at the end with pneumonia, God brought home His warrior of the faith.  We stand amazed at how God provided the grace needed day by day for Dad to face each battle with trust and courage.  And we praise Him for giving us a godly, loving husband, father, and grandfather!  
While Dad was resting peacefully with the intubation in the ICU yesterday, his lung infection continued to worsen and progress.  After doing everything they could, the team called our family in early this morning.  We were all able to be with him, singing and praying together as he entered God's presence.  
We continue to be encouraged at how God is tenderly providing all that we need in our grief through the outpouring of love from family and friends.  We will update you with visitation and funeral arrangements as we make plans.
To God be the glory!
With love,
Barb, Michael & Rachel (Peter, Aaron, Nathaniel), Karen, Sarah & Jeremy (Robert, Matthew, Lucas, Timothy), Andrea (Derek), David & Bethany
But as for me, it is good to be near God.  
I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge; I will tell of all Your deeds! 
Psalm 73:28

No comments: