Thursday, September 26, 2013

Abundant Harvest

There is a crop that I grow in a box in a closet in our house.  I like to call it my Lonely Socks Box Crop, and it grows almost every time I do the laundry.  Single socks, left in the bottom of the laundry basket when the others have all been paired up and returned to the drawer, are placed in the box to seek comfort with others who have been abandoned by their mate.  Every once in a while I harvest the Lonely Socks Box and reunite any sock-mates and return them to active duty.  The last harvest I did was quite abundant, although I am still left with some stubborn lonelies, and I am beginning to think their matches have been cremated in the dryer and turned into lint. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great rejoicing for the found lost. it gives one such a good feeling of accomplishment. mom

Lauren said...

Heehee. I did my own harvest on Saturday - still have four or five orphans (my box is labelled "The Sock Orphanage")