Tuesday, October 28, 2014

August Photos

As I peruse the pictures from this summer, I came to the realization that I didn't take a single photo of Nate in August.  Poor kid!  So this is one from the end of July, sporting a lovely fat lip from falling out of the van onto Opa and Oma's gravel driveway.  Ouch!
Stephen absolutely loved playing in the fenced area of the backyard this summer.  Freedom from the four walls of the house, fresh air, different toys, and all-you-can-eat mud!  What could be better?
We took a trip down the road to the Longwoods Conservation Area and saw the Ska-nah-doht village there.  The park was pretty empty and it started raining shortly after we got there, but it was neat to see
Inside one of the longhouses, which were built quite close to the traditional way
 Midway through August, I went to Hamilton to spend some time with my sisters and their new babies.  While I was gone, Mike was super brave and took all four boys camping - with some VD family help.  It certainly didn't go without a hitch as he had to do a few middle-of-the-night or early morning long walks with Stephen to try to make him fall asleep but it was nice to have a change of scenery. 
 Late night trips
 And this would be our little creature-lover catching fish!  Love that smile!
Late night cuddles with baby Martha
One of her first baths at home - I don't remember her being too impressed but she seems okay in this picture. 
Hey baby!  You're supposed to be napping!  The look she's giving me makes me laugh.  
Mama was taking a shower or a nap or something or other, and I got to watch the little ones.  Wow... I thought having one newborn was a lot of work!  I am SO amazed by parents of multiples after getting just small doses here and there and watching Tom and Lauren with their kids.  You should totally get a trophy if you manage to get through the first month (and two, and three etc) with all the hair still on your head.  
 Attempting a selfie with Benjo and the babies
Our little naturalist had no hesitation with picking up this garter snake
I'm not really sure what's going on here, but I'm sure it has something to do with exploring or hunting or fort building.
Enjoying a campfire in the yard
Trying out the jacuzzi tub downstairs!  

And then the Chicken Pox hit our household!  First Aaron got it, and it wasn't too bad.  He had a few spots but they weren't really itchy and they cleared up pretty quickly.  When Stephen got them however, he had a pretty bad case.  He hasn't had the vaccination and I guess won't need it now anymore.  He was so incredibly sad and grumpy and sore-looking.  Poor kid!  He did enjoy the bath, so it was nice to be able to give him some relief. 
Our days were filled with a lot of this
I don't know why this photo flipped sideways, but it makes me giggle.  Poor Martha is getting eaten by her cousin, haha
Opa snuggling with little Sadie... no shortage of babies to cuddle these days!
I went for coffee with Heather and Shirley one August morning.  There were quite a few kids running around in the backyard, and they had a good time playing with each other.  
It was so nice to catch up with these ladies again!  We really don't do these coffee dates often enough.
Shhh, don't let the secret out... we know where Superman lives
I did some work on the front flower beds with Mom and Dad M's help.  I love that big hosta!  I hope it will come back ok in the spring, as I split it this fall.  
Rick and Elaine came up with their family for a Saturday at the end of August.  It was SO nice to visit with them!  I think our kids spent three hours in the pool in the afternoon and we adults joined them after a while.  We really appreciated visiting with good friends.
One, two, three, JUMP!
Martha's baptism
Lotsa babies!

No comments: