Friday, August 25, 2006

Touring the Town

Seeing as how we have started our initiation to the city of St. Catharines by getting into the local newspapers, I thought I would continue to familiarize myself with the various parts and services now available to us. Today I decided to visit one of the local hospitals with one of my managers from work. He played Solitaire on his palm pilot in the waiting room while I got the grand tour of the Prompt Care department. They gave me a really cool bracelet with my name on it and everything, and before I left Dr. Nour even gave me six stitches and a few bandages. Now I am at home trying to do laundry with one hand and feeling a bit bad that my hospital tour has made me unable to work till 6:30 like I was supposed to.
Maybe tomorrow I'll check out the police department.
This is my new bracelet

8 comments:

Rachel said...

oh dear! what happened?? (i.e. how'd you cut it?). Oh.. and stay away from the police department... unless you plan to just visit. Please don't go there to stay.

Unknown said...

After having some time off work I apparently lost the skill of controlling a box-cutter. I was cutting up some defective product and I cut right through and into my fingers - two stitches on the middle one, four on the ring finger. It was a little gross.
And I don't know how fun an overnight at the jail would be, so don't worry, I'll keep my distance!!

Karen said...

Keep your distance from the fire department too alright? Unless, of course, your kitty needs to be rescued from your backyard tree -- that would be ok. :)

ADasa said...

What dangerous work you're doing! Do you get danger pay? Keep away from knives, box cutters, and maybe blenders too. Please, don't let us hear that you're incarcerated! We'd like to only hear good things, okay? Oh yeh - stay away from lighters, matches...
Dawn

Anonymous said...

I love the part where you don't have a family doctor and they have to say it twice on the bracelet.

Anonymous said...

I'm coming over to inspect the stitches and make sure he did a good job at welcoming you to the community. I'll even come visit you in jail if you like... bring you a cake with a file baked into it...
lots of love from me
Danielle

Unknown said...

I have wonderful sisters! Thanks for the file, Danielle. That should get me out by next Easter or so. :) Looking forward to Friday!

Anonymous said...

Fun Fact: Update!