Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Amusing

I have to say, I appreciate our local newspaper, The Niagara News. I like knowing what's going on around town, and I always enjoy perusing the classifieds... lately I've been amused by my discoveries there.

35'
Trailer for sale. Was parked in Austin, Texas. Now located in a very nice man's back yard in Baton Rouge, L.A. Received minor tornado damage during the move. Only 2 years old. Asking $327 obo. For more info call Bubba at 123-456-7890
NEEDED immediately - person to clean our 18 bedroom, 10 bathroom, 31 sitting room palace. Experience required. 15 hours per day. $100 per shift. Apply in person to: Buckingham Palace, London, England.

Last week, someone had a magic wand for sale, complete with built-in magic tricks. The same person was also looking for their Grandma, who had just gone missing one day. If you see her, she's 5'2, gray hair, and answers to Edna, and please give them a call.

You've just got to love the local paper.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is excellent!

I heard once that some papers hide random funny stuff in the classifieds to see if anybody catches them.

Very fun.