Monday, June 02, 2008

Happy Quarter Century Michael!

Happy (belated by one day) 25th birthday to my dear husband! May God continue to bless you in the coming year, and may He grant you many more!
We're back home again after a trip to Strathroy to visit with Mike's family... and of course we have some pictures to share. Things are going well with us - Mike is down to his last three weeks of school and we are wondering where the year went! Didn't school just start?? It's a busy time, with lots of marking to do to prepare for that last report card, as well as extra activities and school trips to plan. Also a few extras to enjoy in the next few weeks - golfing for Mike, the Caledonia garage sale for me, a wedding, and all the other little outings that I can't think of right now. Oh, and of course I get to go visit Shirley and her new little one - congratulations to her and Jeff! They had a little boy this morning, Alexander Jeffrey Martin. I can't wait to meet him! And hopefully at the same time I can visit Heather and Alan and their new little girl Emma Grace.
Here at home things are just fine...I'm trying my hand at gardening and hoping at the end of the summer we'll have some home-grown vegetables to enjoy. If they survive the groundhogs, my amateur gardening techniques, and the perils of being over- or under-watered as they are apt to be subjected to, they will probably end up ripening when we are on vacation...
Peter is growing like a weed. He just had his 6 month check-up and shots. He's a hefty 18 lbs 12 oz, and 27 3/4 inches long....soon he'll be out of his current car seat and we'll have to find him one until he's a year, when he can go front-facing in the car seat we received from the church ladies at a shower. I'm having fun introducing him to new foods - still avoiding rice because of his earlier reaction, but everything else has gone fantastic so far. I've been really careful about controlling what he gets, and he hasn't had any other reactions thankfully. While he is definitely not a fan of everything I've given him, for the most part, he gobbles everything up! Carrots, sweet potatoes, squash, prunes, applesauce, bananas, cantaloupe, oatmeal cereal and barley cereal are all good with him (he just loves to eat!). However he HATES peas (just from a jar so far), and he really doesn't like the carrots that I cooked and pureed for him... which makes me think he probably won't like the peas I made myself either. Peter, you're going to have to LEARN to like them, because they're good for you. Mom will win this war!
And now for the pictures:
Robert is sort-of-okay with sharing his car with his cousinTickle-Me-Elmo is a big hit with the boys!Peter seemed to catch on pretty quickly to the driving thing -
sorry, but you're going to have to wait another 15 1/2 years to get a real license!!Hey! Two hands on the wheel!Well, at least ONE hand on the wheel was better than THIS style of driving!Peter wants to project the image of being "cool" but I'm going to have to break it to him -
Soothie just doesn't match the sunglassesCome back here with that Elmo!! The two boys with their Great Grandpa

2 comments:

amymom24 said...

He sure is growing! I'm glad that his eating is going well since the rice reaction. I'm going real slow with Danielle and she's only tried a handful of things, but so far so good. At her 6m visit she was 20lbs 7ozs!

Love those driving pics - he is such a cutie:)

Happy Birthday Michael!

Anonymous said...

These pictures are fantabulous!

I think I owe you a parking ticket.