Monday, July 07, 2008

No wonder...

Mike and I were enjoying a quiet game of Blackjack this morning while Peter was taking a nap. Playing with just the two of us, we adapted some rule variations, and we each had our own deck. After almost half an hour of playing, I was losing VERY badly, having only two chips left. I think I had won the pot only a handful of times, and the game was turning out to be much more fun for Mike than for me. He seemed to be having incredibly good fortune, and I kept busting my hand against his 19, 20, 21 point hands. Time to find a new game, I was thinking! Then Mike's deck fell off the table and scattered across the floor...and we both had a hard time believing we'd been playing for almost half an hour. Somehow we hadn't noticed that the deck he had been playing with was a Pinochle deck...containing no cards lower than a 9. Never mind having a card up your sleeve, just play with a specialty deck and you'll clean 'em out every time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i certainly must remember that trick, i love it. m

Unknown said...

I might be able to tell sooner next time!
who is m?