Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Lauren, this is for you...

Dear Lauren,
I remember many a year ago, you attempted something in the kitchen, the result of which scarred forever your conception of your ability to bake a cake. On that day, you were convinced you had ruined Mom and Dad's anniversary and I believe you barricaded yourself in your room crying after we got home. The cake you baked while everyone else was out of the house had fallen apart, and what parts hadn't fallen apart had been mauled by the icing job - the crunchy icing job. We were all impressed by your attempt and we ate the cake anyways - after your sobs had been duly comforted.
This picture is for you, that you may publicly know that other people fail at making cakes sometimes too. I can't just post a picture of the nice one! I'll have you know that last year I also made two cakes for Peter's birthday: the first one was great, and the second one melted into an unrecognizable mess. This year again, the first one was great, and the second one melted into an even more unrecognizable mess. I hope you enjoy eating this cake with us this evening when you visit! And I'll have you know, my icing is crunchy too :D
Last year's cake failureThe current year's cake failureDespite the ugly cake, Peter enjoys playing with his presentsPeter's new tractor-loader hard at work in the...cereal?All I can say is HAHA!!

No comments: