Thursday, May 06, 2010

Another Garbage Truck Day

Seeing as today is garbage truck day, the kids are both quite pumped to see the regular fleet of garbage trucks pass by the house.  Because our house is situated across the street from and near the corner of a park, we are in a unique location to see each garbage truck at least three times - adding up to 9 or more trucks passing by.  How could life get any more exciting?  The unfortunate thing about this day is that the trucks tend to come by right around when the kids are eating breakfast - and stuck in their chairs.  All through the winter I've either waited to give them something to eat, or let them out of their chairs when a truck was coming.  This morning, I made a perfect compromise:  I hauled their chairs into the sunroom so they could eat in there - breakfast AND garbage trucks.  Fantastic. 

Feeding them in there also afforded me a new view of our neighbourhood.  All those times that we've heard the train whistles from the tracks at the end of the street?  When Peter tells me that he hears the train and "look Mommy, train!" I've agreed with him but never really looked all that hard.  I discovered this morning (after almost four years of living here) that you can, indeed, see the train if you are sitting in the right spot. 
I've also learned this morning that "Loads of Raisins Raisin Bran" is not the most time-efficient breakfast for my dear oldest son.  "Look, Mommy, I found a raisin!".... "Look, Mommy, I found another raisin!!".... and every raisin discovery demands a response from Mom.... I think maybe we'll stick with Cheerios, lol....

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Too bad, i should have come for breakfast - would have been fun - but a nice toast sandwich eaten whilst sitting in the brilliant sunshine enjoying my newspaper was also pretty nice!!!
Have a lovely day, my dear sis...

Unknown said...

You should have! :) I'd love to have breakfast with you anyday. Hope your day goes swimmingly!

ADasa said...

If you serve coffee, I'll join! Sounds like fun! :)
D

Unknown said...

The coffee pot is never far away :)