Monday, August 01, 2011

Life Lately


So, I know it's been a while since I've posted pictures, and the longer it takes before I have a chance to sit down and get photos ready for an update, the more intimidating the task becomes.  All of a sudden, I'm sitting here with a few hundred pictures to sort through and I need to decide on just a select few that will give you all an accurate description of what our lives have been like the last little while.  I've decided to start off with a few photos that I've "plinked" off the web from Mom VD's Facebook, as they are too cute not to share.  They aren't the greatest quality but that's what I get for stealing them :)  Thanks Mom!  Maybe one day I will remember to save a copy of the originals so I can repost them in good quality.  Photos from the cottage might just have to wait until I get the photos that were taken on everyone else's cameras as well.        
I'm not sure when this photo was taken, but the weather was cool enough to require long sleeve shirts.  Those have been packed away for a while now with this sweltering weather!  All three boys lined up, ready to drive.
 Flying a kite with Daddy on a windy day.  Lots of fun!!
 Cutie pie Nate
 Peter telling a story of some kind.  I wonder if this is the day that Mike and Dave built the trebuchet at Mom and Dad's.  I think perhaps it is. 
The next two pictures are more recent, from the early/middle of July.  We went to Uncle Ben and Aunt Sandy's place one afternoon/evening for dinner, and we took the boys fishing.  It was so much fun!  We'd catch a fish within 30 seconds of casting - what a great introduction to fishing for kids!
 Fishing with Daddy
Like most babies it seems, Nate LOVES his baths! 
 Aunt Karen came for an overnight visit, and we took the boys for a bike ride to the park
 Mike working on the deck - I have to take an "after" picture yet but that will have to wait for another day or I'll never get this post up!
 Robert came over from a Friday to a Tuesday the week before we left for the cottage.  Poor little nephew Matthew broke his leg and is stuck in a body cast for the rest of the summer.  We were busy with 4 boys under 4 but it was a lot of fun too.  They enjoyed splashing in the pool in the hot weather!
 We went for a walk at Port Dalhousie one morning to check out the ducks and see the beach.
 And of course, you can't visit Port Dalhousie without going for a ride on the 5 cent carousel!!
 We also went to visit Happy Rolphs, a petting zoo in town.  The boys were pretty impressed to have these goats eating from their hands.
 Checking out the animals
 Feeling HOT HOT HOT!  We've had a lot of super hot, humid weather in the last little while, with hardly any rain.  It hadn't even been cooling off in the evenings at all to give us a chance to open up the house and cool it down a bit.  Too many hot days in a row brought the temperature in the house up to a steamy 30 degrees, blah!! However, as soon as it feels way too hot in the house, we've found it helpful to step outside into the 38 degree weather for a few minutes.  That way when you come back into the house, 30 degrees is quite refreshing. 
 Ummm, yuck.  That's the temperature outside my kitchen window as I wash the dishes.  Too bad dishes don't get clean very well in icy water.
 This kid is just way too cute!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

neat memories. not that long ago but when was the last time anyone needed boots?
Dad