Friday, February 10, 2012

Photos of the Month

Always easily entertained by any kind of machinery, the boys loved watching drywall for our basement being delivered. 
We visited a family dairy farm at the end of the holidays after a VD family reunion.  Everyone enjoyed seeing the work going on, touching the cows, and watching them being milked. 
 
 Imaginations in full gear, the boys had a few days after the dairy farm visit where they pretended they were cows.  You can guess what they are doing, lol.  Milking time! 
 Three boys on the couch!
A little home science experiment using red cabbage juice as an indicator for acids and bases. 
This little stinker closed himself in the bathroom and did some "cleaning".  Distracted by some child-related emergency that I no longer remember, I had left a spray bottle containing water and Mr. Clean on the counter while I went to deal with whatever was going on.  When I came back to finish my bathroom cleaning job, I discovered that Nate had been spraying EVERYTHING with the squirt bottle, including his hair and face.  You'd think after all that cleaning he wouldn't need a bath, but he sure got one.  Oh boy!
 They will never turn down a book, and Nate's really starting to get in on the action.  He can sit still through some pretty long books depending on his mood, and he'll spend a lot of time during the day going through books on his own.  He'll take one off the shelf, carefully leaf through it, abandon it and get another one.  We've got to work on the "putting books away" thing yet, but I LOVE watching him read!
 Every once in a while the bicycle helmets get rediscovered in the kids' closet, and Nate loves wearing them for whatever reason.  He'll walk around with his hands on his head like this to ensure no one tries to take his helmet off. 
 My sweet oldest son
 My goofy middle son
 My inquisitive youngest son.  He looks perhaps a little guilty in this photo, you think?  Yes he is.  In the time it took me to go downstairs, flip the wet laundry to the dryer and take the dry laundry upstairs, he dragged out a chair, climbed up to the table, pulled over the fruit bowl and started taking big bites out of a pear. 
 Enjoying a book in the sunshine under a table.
 Peter celebrated the 100th day of school this week Wednesday.  100 days already?  Wow.  He's looking so grown-up in this picture!
 Aaron was quite jealous of Peter's fruit loop necklace when he got home from school, so we made him a cheerio necklace and he was quite pleased with it. 

3 comments:

Karen said...

:) love these pics, Rach! Your boys are sweet!

Unknown said...

Thanks Karen :) I think they're sweet too!

Anonymous said...

I guess I am still a kid, I love stories with pictures. mom