Saturday, September 22, 2012

Common Household Insults

Kids don't always get along.  They fight, they argue, they yell at each other, they call each other names - I'm sure any parent out there can attest to that fact.  They're just not always as sweet as they look in the pictures!  Of course, we love them dearly, but sometimes the things they say would make any parent shake their head and wonder where on earth they got THAT from.  Our kids have learned there are a few words they should stay away from - and they make sure to remind their parents and grandparents of the rules when off-limit words like "stupid" are inadvertently used in their presence.  They often come up with creative insults to let each other know what they're thinking without using banned words.  Here is a sampling of nasty-mood insults I've heard recently from my  3 and 4 year olds. 

"You are not in my sentence.  Mom and Dad are in my sentence, but you are not."
"You eat like a giraffe!"
"You are a stinky table!"
"I'm going to huff, and puff, and blow your raisin bran right out of your bowl!"
"You have to go live with the neighbours!"
(or, if you want to be especially nasty)
"You have to go live with strangers!"
"You have to go worship idols!!"
Yeah, it's interesting when your kids fall back on using the Ten Commandments to express their frustration with each other.

3 comments:

Karen said...

haha, love those boys. :) They are very creative.

Unknown said...

I love what they come up with!

Danielle said...

I share this post with a lot of people and it has provided a particularly large amount of amusement for all who read/hear about my dear little nephews and their insults... reminds me of once i spent some time looking up all of the insults in Shakespeare's work and there are some doozies in there too...