Wednesday, January 28, 2015

December Photos

At the beginning of December, I made an appointment to get new snow tires installed on the van.  I had to take the three youngest with me and we waited almost 2 hours for the work to be finished.  I was thankful for relatively good moods and some toys in a basket there that kept them amused for quite some time.  They especially enjoyed playing with the Terrible Oak, and narrating his activities to everyone in the waiting room, which I found quite hilarious.  I guess my children haven't been educated on the different super heros out there. 
 The Terrible Oak aka Incredible Hulk
Many moons ago, my dear husband had an exceptionally messy incident involving a jar of hot honey and a hand mixer, which you can read about here.  One evening in December I decided to make some whipped cream and thought I might avoid some of the spattering if I used a tall and narrow container.  I think this would have worked if I hadn't lost my grip on the jar, sending whipped cream across the counter in several continuous arcs.  I haven't admitted this story to him yet, so when he gets around to checking out the blog he'll feel much more justified about his decisions in the Great Honey Story.  
 Oh, he's just looking for germs on the floor with a plastic telescope. 
Love these kiddos!  I keep forgetting to take an updated "Four Boys on the Couch" photo
 Reading is always a favourite activity in this home
Mom, Danielle, and Martha came for a visit one day and Stephen was thrilled to have someone around who was smaller than him. 
 Three of the boys doting on their youngest cousin
Another gorgeous sunset... I think I ran out into the snowy field on my socks to take this shot before it got too late!  
And then poor Nate, while in a frenzy of brotherly excitement, got hip-checked into the corner of the kitchen cupboards and had to take a trip to the ER to get stitches on his head. 


Getting ready to open up Christmas presents
 
Decorating a gingerbread house with Oma
 Gift-opening evening
 The boys watched a movie while the grown-ups enjoyed some gourmetting in the kitchen
 I'm thinking this little guy enjoys his showers!!

No comments: