Monday, January 26, 2015

October Photos

I felt so accomplished the last time I posted, as after a looooong hiatus, I was finally "up to date" with the September post uploaded.  Then two or three days later October was finished and all of a sudden I was behind again, and then I blinked away my tears of surprise and it's the end of December.  
[and then I logged in to finally actually work on the blog book at the end of JANUARY]
Yikes.  I can't keep up with the clock!  No more apologies though, as at least I'm sitting down now.  
At the end of September and into October, Tante Annie and Tante Tineke came for a visit.  We were delighted to host them and Mom for a sleepover one night, and enjoyed spending some time with them. 
The waiting room at the orthopedic surgeon was a bit backed up... thankfully there was an abacus there which Peter was counting on by 5's. He was at 2,270 here with a goal of reaching 10,000 before he got called in.
 Busy at work pinning sequins onto a picture
 Crazy enormous mushrooms growing in the yard!  Apparently they are edible but I'm not about to try that
 
 Getting some computer time in at the library
One of the last dinners of the season that we could enjoy in the sunroom - when the sun dips below the trees, it quickly gets too cool to sit there comfortably.  We will miss this room in the winter!
 Out for a fall walk looking for a geocache
 
 Had to stop one day to take a photo on my way home.  This is about half a km from our home - so beautiful. 
 Reading books together
 
 Boys + Big Machines = Happy
 
All the boys came along to get Peter's cast taken off and they enjoyed drawing on the bed
 The introduction of rainbows into the house - I love the prisms hanging in the window!
 Stephen was being SUCH a STINKER this day.  You can tell by the set of his jaw.  Might be a cute picture, but man oh man he was being so bad. 
 Our family walked in memory of Dad for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of Canada. It was a good evening! Red lanterns are carried by supporters, white lanterns by survivors, and gold lanterns are in memory.  We weren't exactly sure how long it was, perhaps about 3 km.  So many people have been affected by this terrible disease
Perhaps this belongs with the November pictures?  We were able to take a weekend getaway during the last weekend of October/first of November to the Elora/Fergus area.  Mom and Dad VD watched the kids with us and we had a fantastic time away, visiting the St. Jacobs Market, hiking in the Elora gorge, and staying in some sweet bed & breakfasts.  We haven't done anything like that before, and it was a wonderful treat. 

4 comments:

Theresa said...

So fun! Glad you're getting 'caught up'! The getaway sounds so nice!

Lauren said...

My oh my you get some gorgeous nature photos - you could sell them. Or create a gallery in your home of Beautiful Creation Images. Just lovely. I'm getting caught up on your posts!

Jonathan and Denise said...

Hi Rachel,
I've been reading your blog for a while, but now that you are part of "our circles" I can admit it and not feel like a snoop:) Glad to see your updates . . .and I totally get the feeling of accomplishment of being "all caught up". Doesn't last long . . but it is such a nice way to remember the days and years. I have to say that on the picture of Stephen being a stinker he looks just like his Uncle David! And I agree . . . you have beautiful nature shots and sunsets! Keep caturing the moments!
Denise

RJVD said...

Haha, welcome Denise :) Glad you're here... I wasn't really sure if there was anyone left out there checking for updates since I've been quiet for so long... I think my Dad gave up a while ago. Enjoy!