Saturday, November 11, 2006

Busy day

Productive days are great. There seemed to be some extra hours added into today somehow, for which I am happily surpised! We got an early start this morning, getting some grocery shopping in at a store we haven't tried yet. I think I may have found my grocery store - not quite as ritzy as the Real Canadian SS, yet providing choice and good prices. And who can't like a grocery store with fancy ice-cream on sale?
Mike and I then toured across the city aiming for the Dutch import store we had discovered on Ontario street a few weeks back. It was a pretty good store - most of the traditional Dutch things were there, except for a supply of our favorite mugs. I was a little disappointed to see that their food isn't imported from Custan foods, as I always thought that was kind of special, knowing the secret to that name . . .
When we got home, we were quite amused to find that the cat had trapped herself in the little nook behind the fridge she likes so much. We released her, then left to walk downtown for a Remembrance day ceremony in the half-rain just across the Burgoyne bridge. When it was done, we headed further downtown for the library, and when we were about halfway there, the skies decided that half-rain wasn't good enough, and soon we were quite soaked. Taking refuge for a few minutes in the Farmer's Market, we bought some bread and summer sausage. When we finally made it to the library, a note was posted on the door saying it was closed for Remembrance Day. Looking like drowned rats, and slightly disappointed drowned rats at that, we made our drippy way home, where we found that the cat had, once again, trapped herself behind the fridge. Dumb cat. The afternoon was spent, for me, cleaning the house, and for Mike, soldering and plumbing. So, the house is clean and I now have some beauty taps downstairs for the laundry tubs (thanks Mike and Dad!)
And, lest you think our day was nearing completion, we gave the cat a bath and then took off for the school, where lots of marking and planning were completed. Now the famous Vander Deen pizza dough is rising in the kitchen, and it's only 6:30. Amazing!
There is only one problem. I am almost done writing this post, but it is so boring that I might just fall asleep before I manage to publish it.

No comments: