Wednesday, February 04, 2009

25 Random Things About Mike

1. I've had a snake poop in my shirt pocket on at least three occasions in the last two years.
2. I made $50 last week selling mice that live in my garage.
3. I've had a speaker deliver a presentation to my class about how the Dutch government repealed the law of gravity in 1944.
4. I am a descendant of Charlemagne, Charles Martel, Pepin the Short and Mother Goose.
5. In October I lost a 3 foot snake in my classroom and I haven't seen him since.
6. My new class snake is 3 feet long already and will get to be 5-6 feet when fully grown.
7. My medical doctor once sought advice about me from a veterinarian during an emergency visit.
8. I once had erysipelas, a deadly disease from a pig, which made my face swell up. I needed antibiotics administered intravenously after teaching every day for a week.
9. I've had a feruncle on my eyelid before.
10. I've burned off my eyelashes in class by looking into a methanol cannon and igniting it to see if it would work.
11. My mother once tried to light my hand on fire.
12. I once helped a friend paint his car like a holstein cow using Tremclad rust paint.
13. I have a scar on my bum from falling out a tree and landing on a manure spreader beater.
14. I am 6 foot 5.
15. I'm the second shortest male of my generation in my Mom's family.
16. My recurring nightmare is having all of my teeth snap off at the roots at the same time.
17. I enjoy inviting salesmen in to see how cheap I can get them to sell their product or services before telling them I'm not interested.
18. I've heard my Vietnamese neighbour threaten to eat my other neighbour's dog and our cat.
19. The first vehicle I drove with a manual transmission was a 1954 Chevrolet.
20. I know from experience that you cannot remove staples from your skull with a dinner fork.
21. The most expensive item I've purchased from Value Village was a geriatrics chair.
22. I've only been in a plane once. I flew it.
23. I've only driven a motorcycle once. I drove it into the side of a house.
24. On Valentines day in Grade 12, a friend and I made unique and personal valentines for every girl in our school.
25. I own a bicycle, but it's about 12 feet long so I rarely ride it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So! No comments to do with culinary skills? No comments about swimming without permission in a conservation area lake outside of the usual season for swimming?
Surely there are at least another 25 items that could be aired. But alack and alas, this list is labeled 25 ...