Wednesday, February 04, 2009

25 Random Things About Rachel

1. I've climbed the steps to the top of the CN Tower. I will never do that again.
2. It looks like someone/thing took a bite out of my right arm, but don't worry, it wasn't an accident and it's not really a bite mark
3. I've been licked by a giraffe
4. When I was 3 I flipped over on my little yellow ride-on duck and had to get stitches in my chin
5. I once went to Holland for a weekend
6. The first month we lived in St. Catharines, I had my picture in the local paper
7. I've had my picture on the front page of several national newspapers
8. According to family tradition, I like to eat my eggs with peanut butter
9. When I was learning how to ride a two-wheeler, I was afraid of the brakes and preferred to stop by driving into a tree
10. I've had a ride to the hospital in an ambulance
11. I've talked to Walter Gretzky and have his autograph
12. I know that staples and tape don't work well to repair ripped pants at work
13. I used to enjoy sitting on the roof of our house and reading
14. I've melted my oven mitts and accidentally set my exam study notes on fire
15. I can't drive a fork lift but I've definitely driven one before on several occasions
16. While I was working doing research on the toxic chemical Thallium, I was afraid that I would lose the outside half my eyebrows due to exposure
17. I've set off the security alarms at customs in the airport
18. I used to have a pet rabbit with three legs named Stumpy
19. I've been accidentally launched over 6 feet in the air on a toboggan, resulting in a terrific boot-shaped bruise on my leg and a bump that still remains to this day
20. I have an irrational fear of seaweed and other slimy lake things, especially in the dark
21. I've sung the first line of Frosty the Snowman live on the radio but couldn't go any further
22. Once when I was in grade school I thought it would be a good idea to learn something new from the dictionary every day. I only lasted two days but I still remember the two things I learned - "reductio ad absurdum" and "drosophila melanogaster", both of which strangely have come in handy at random times in life.
23. I enjoy making up ridiculous stories for telemarketers
24. I've accidentally called a faucet company and asked them for samples of breastmilk storage bags.
25. I've traveled sitting on a lawn chair in the back of a transport truck

7 comments:

L.V. said...

Very funny Rachel!! So how did you come up with this? I think it would take me weeks to sit down and remember all the "little fun stuff" that I've done over the years!
Laura :)

Unknown said...

Haha... these survey things have been going around on Facebook for a little while now so I've been thinking of some answers... I got to about 15 and got a little stuck though!

Anonymous said...

So! No note about that library book in the bushes? How about 'stupid child'? I'm surprised that you had a hard time to get even 15 items for your list. Anyway it was cute to see this lists for both of you.

Anonymous said...

So! How about 'stupid child'? How about a certain library book in the bushes?
No matter - it was cute to see your lists.

Lauren said...

lol I had forgotten all about poor old Stumpy.
I miss getting rabbits every summer. I love that we did that.

I like that Mom ended up commenting twice and that I know it was her.

So, what do
"reductio ad absurdum"
and
"drosophila melanogaster"
mean anyway?

Unknown said...

I miss the rabbits too...

"reductio ad absurdum" is when you have a theory or logical argument about something, but then when you follow that theory out to its logical conclusion or outcome it is completely absurd, so the theory must have been faulty in the first place.
"drosophila melanogaster" is the scientific name for the common fruit fly, which is often used in biology experiments

Lauren said...

You always were the one to research weird things.
And do all those crazy detailed things I would never ever have the patience for.
And that silly cup flipping game 5-4-3-2-1-Switch.

Sometimes I really miss growing up together and wish that we had appreciated it more back then and been less moody.
Sigh.
Let's enjoy now, k?