Sunday, August 23, 2009

Carrots!

After being away from home, with a few stop-ins, for 3 1/2 weeks, it was nice to get my hands dirty again in the garden. I harvested my carrots and onions, gathered what I could from the beans, and picked a "few" cherry tomatoes... I sure hope I can use them in salsa or something because I have a few million of them. I was happy to pull out carrots that actually looked like carrots, especially in comparison to last year's dismal harvest!

These are ALL the carrots I picked last year... some more pictures
are on a post from September 2008. A lot of these weren't useable,
as they were way too tiny or weird looking to qualify as safe to eat. These were the carrots I picked this year that are good for eating!
Thinning them out and giving them loads of manure made a huge difference!
Of course, there were still a few baby carrots in the mix but I didn't
mind quite so much this year - kind of fun to have a few carrot "jelly beans"
This carrot looks like someone mushed their finger into it... weird
Aaaand there were still a few vampire carrots. Here we have Dad Carrot, Mom Carrot, and Baby Carrot
And you can't forget about Alien Dad Carrot, Alien Mom Carrot,
and Alien Baby Carrot!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

You're odd... did you know that, Farmer VanderDeen????

Lauren said...

You are such a loser, m'dear.
I still love you, though :)

Unknown said...

You ladies are not being very nice to me!