Thursday, March 24, 2011

Pack Rat

I just had a hysterical time going through my parents' crawlspace... oooh man, how did I ever collect so much JUNK?  It was quite a trip down memory lane (and much more amusing to me than anyone else, I'm sure) and I think I had a grin on my face the whole time - as I write this, my face kind of hurts.  Old toys, stuffed animals, journals from the primary grades, pieces of rock or wood or string etc that were for some reason very important to keep from whatever trip they were found on, right on down to tacky art projects, sermon notes, little notebooks half filled with scribbling, and even my wisdom teeth (eww!).  I was a little grossed out to find those. 
Now that I know how exactly much stuff is still down there, I guess I have to make a plan to go through it all and do a major "toss" session.  However, today will not be that day, as I'm a little too nostalgic at the moment.  Besides, I might just need that handmade picture frame someday...

3 comments:

Danielle said...

I suppose i probably still have a bunch of stuff under there too eh? Yeah, they are totally nostalgic things... but nice nonetheless - full of memories!

Shirley said...

tell me you've kept your wisdom teeth, at least! ;)

Unknown said...

Danielle: I didn't actually see too much of your stuff, mostly it was from Lauren and me. There was a whole stack of bags with papers and notebooks that I didn't look through though...
Shirley: I haven't gotten rid of anything yet... but what are my kids going to do with my wisdom teeth when they go through my stuff someday??
I tried to recycle the sermon notes, but Mom said the doodles were too amusing to get rid of...