Friday, April 08, 2011

But Mom! Daddy does it!

I was busy making a batch of play-dough this morning and I had given the kids some apple slices to munch on as a mid-morning snack.  I was just finished cleaning up when I poked my head around the corner to check on them, as they had migrated to the living room to where Nate was in his exersaucer looking out the window.  Peter was carefully chewing up his apple and stuffing little bits into Nate's open mouth - aaagh! 
Mom:  "Peter!!  No!!  What are you trying to do??!"
Peter:  "I'm just feeding him some apple, Mom"
Mom:  "No, you can't feed him apple.  He's just a baby!  Please don't put things in his mouth, he's too little yet and it's not good for him."
Peter:  "But he's a lizard, Mom!  I give apples to Daddy's lizard and Daddy does too, and the lizard likes apples.  Nate is my lizard!"
Although Nate's first tooth did pop through this week,  he isn't quite ready for solid chunks like that yet.  Thankfully no harm was done, but I'm really going to have to figure out how to grow one of those extra eyeballs on the back of my head. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fertile mind these boys have. I guess you can't leave them alone for a moment. Love the pictures and comments.
Dad

Anonymous said...

lol oh, dear!

Niki Devereaux said...

Little brothers become pet lizards-those boys are awesome!!