Friday, November 20, 2015

August

The month of August saw Nate conquering the two-wheeler!  Dad removed the training wheels and he just took off like he'd been biking for years
Aaron and I tried our hand at blueberry picking at a nearby farm.  He was a great picking partner and we came home with some yummy berries!
I don't get very many opportunities to spend time with just one of my boys, and we had a nice time together.  Aaron had been asking to go blueberry picking for a while so I was happy for this chance!
Mike and I watched this magnificent storm move in.  It was an amazing weather system with this ominous shelf cloud that crept across the sky, bringing a sudden temperature drop and a storm
Oh Nate... how many times have you split your lips open?  I think this particular injury came from falling out of the van onto Opa and Oma's gravel driveway
We went camping at Rock Point with Opa and Oma for a few days.  We had a great time hanging out together and had mostly good weather while we were there.  Our campsite was right across from the playground which gave the kids some much relished freedom
And the tricycle bike trailer returns!  Several years ago at this park Peter and Aaron took turns pulling Nate in the trailer, and now it was Nate's turn to pull Stephen around
Relaxing with some coffee... oh the camping life
Friends of ours from Niagara, the Kempers, came over in August for a day of fun and fellowship

Pinterest Fail - I saw this great idea about using up leftover bits of crayon by melting them down and making new multicoloured crayons.  It looked like lots of fun!  I guess I should have read the instructions a little closer though, because apparently crayon wax ignites at high temperatures.  I had a lovely cookie sheet full of flaming wax in the oven which I managed to run outside to the grass and I still have droplets of melted wax all over the ceiling by the smoke detector where I was waving my oven mitts to stop the alarm
Stephen woke up from a nap and Aaron climbed in to keep him company
The Mechelses also visited in August and it was so nice to catch up with them again!
Enjoying dinner together
Sweet little Sadie has such a nice hairdo! 
Masked bandits on the loose!
Lovely crop of flowers from the garden

1 comment:

Lauren said...

LOL IS THAT UNDERWEAR ON THEIR HEADS!!?