Monday, December 13, 2010

Question Period

Peter can be incredibly inquisitive, and he doesn't just stick to the "why" or "why not" questions.  He gets into a mood where basically everything he says is a question, and then they come non-stop like verbal diarrhea.  Just for interest's sake, I decided to count today, and Peter asked me 68 questions in 5 minutes - which works out to one every 4.5 seconds, believe it or not.  Somedays, I need an triple-extra-large dose of patience!  The following is a brief sampling of my day today to give you an idea of what he can be like: 
What are you doing, Mom? 
Is Nate hungry?
Why is he hungry?
Are you feeding him Mommy?
Can I touch you Mommy?
Can I touch Nate?
Can I touch your chair?
Do you want me to sit in my chair?
Do you like it when I do this Mommy?
Can we talk?
Can you talk to me Mommy?
Is Nate all done now?
Mommy, is he full now?
Can I touch him now, Mommy?
No?
His diaper is dirty?
Nate has to poop now?
Does his diaper have poop in it?
  Is his diaper wet, Mommy?
Does he need a new one?
Are you changing his diaper?
Does he like to have a new diaper? 
Is he happy now? 
Are you happy with me, Mommy? 
What's I'm driving you nuts for, Mom?
Why am I driving you nuts?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha, ohhh that kid. What a handful you have there!

Rod and Bec said...

Too funny!
I'm glad you actually counted - it's something that I always tell myself I should do, but can never actually do...sometimes I just can't count high enough.