Thursday, December 02, 2010

Things Where They Shouldn't Be

I'm discovering more and more that my kids are quite good at hiding things in unexpected places.  Aaron is particularly good at this, and it keeps me on my toes - or rather it keeps me searching high and low for items he probably tucked away in some dark corner.  Observe the following:
 There are often random objects in my cupboards.  Here is a tractor 
parked by my blender, along with a book to keep it company.  
Hey look, another tractor.  This seems to be a favourite of Aaron's - 
parking his tractor in strange places and forgetting about them.  I've also 
found them in the bathroom cupboards (strictly off-limits, by the way).  
I reach in to grab some potatoes to peel for supper and AGH!  
What could that be?  Oh, it's a metal scrubby.  In my potato bag.  
Thankfully it was a new one, slightly pulled out of shape by some curious 
little hands who gave it a new home with the spuds.
Why throw a perfectly good juice container into the recycling when 
you can use it to hide the night-light?  A light-sensitive night-light,
I might add - which is dutifully lighting up the inside of the can. 
What a fun little cupboard!  This is the old milk-delivery door by the side
door, and I find random toys stashed there more often.  Usually toys,
but if I'm missing a sippy cup or two, this is one of the first places I look. 
Talking about sippy cups, this is another one of Aaron's favourite
past-times : Hide The Sippy Cup.  I'd show a picture of one of his cups
INSIDE our boxspring but I don't really want to show you the dust that
may or may not have accumulated there.  There is currently a sippy cup
hiding somewhere in our house that I have not been able to find
for about three weeks now.  
 While we're on the topic of things that are missing, I haven't been able to 
find one of my pan lids for about a week now.  Peter and his Oma were 
busy in the kitchen last week when I took Aaron to the doctors, and
somehow Peter managed to hide this lid SO well that I haven't been able
to find it since then.  It's not tiny, and my kitchen is pretty small, so it's a 
little puzzling that he found such a good hiding place. 

4 comments:

Leigh said...

the kids lost a sippy cup at my parents a visit or two ago...they found it this visit. amazingly i didnt' pass out when i opened it (but it still got thrown out!!!)

Unknown said...

Yeah... they can get a little gross eh? Milk is the worst, especially in hot weather. This particular missing one has juice, so I guess we're making some home-brew wine! Lol!

Karen said...

haha, I love those cupboards! :)

Unknown said...

Lovingly painted cupboards :)