Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Frog Legs

When it comes to my home, I'm not terribly good at decorating.  Yeah, I have ideas, but it's not very often that those ideas actually turn into real projects, and even less often that those projects are presentable enough to use.  I see pictures of other peoples' homes and how they have decorated, with all coordinated colours and art and stuff on the walls.  Looks nice!  It's not my house though.  When it comes down to it, it's a matter of budget combined with space restraints.  I don't really have any window ledges or open shelving around to put things on, and chances are, my kids would knock it down anyways.  Perhaps one day I will have more time, money, and energy to put into decorating, but for now I'll just focus on keeping these darling kids of mine fed, cleaned, and somewhat happy.  I wouldn't mind having my kids' rooms looking a little more kid-friendly, and I did put up some alphabet wall stickers around the perimeter of their rooms, but that was about as far as I got until I saw some cute adhesive mirrors in the dollar store a few months ago.  I picked out a package of three frog-shaped mirrors and carefully stuck them to the wall in Nate's room.  What a wonderful idea!  My kids could oooh and ahhhh over these amazing mirrors, and look at themselves, and have lots of fun with their reflections.  Yeah, it was a nice idea.  Well, needless to say, they didn't last very long.  Besides the fact that I had to try three different kinds of adhesive material to get them to actually stick to the wall longer than five minutes, I didn't realize how attracted my youngest son is to frog legs.  Perhaps he has a thing for french cuisine, or perhaps he just likes needless destruction, but in any case, he ripped one frog's legs off one by one and the poor frog has now been reduced to a limbically-challenged reflective blob stuck to the wall.  So far the others have remained unscathed, but I have a feeling their doom awaits them when their reflective surface catches a certain young boy's attention...
My once-lovely decorating job
 Poor Mr. Frog  Blob
 Carnage in the bedroom

No comments: