Monday, November 07, 2011

On Time

I have just realized that all three of my kids' birthdays fall on a Thursday this year.  I checked it out for next year too, and they will all be on a Saturday in 2012.  For the next 10 years at least, they will all be on the same day in any given year.  In 2013 they are on a Sunday, then the next years they will be on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, and Wednesday in 2021. I wondered at first it it was just a fluke, but if it's steady for 10 years I suppose it will be like that forever.  Can't really figure out why the leap years didn't mess it up, but I'm not exactly good at the whole time-fiddling concept.  I thought I was all on top of things on Friday with the time change and I put my kids to bed half an hour early to help get them adjusted, only to realize the next morning chatting with my dear hubby that I was supposed to put them to bed later instead.    

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it. So what time did they get up? Mom

Unknown said...

It wasn't bad at all. The older two came marching out of bed at 7:15. We had the brilliant idea of putting my old alarm clock in there the night before, and told them they could come out of bed when the first number was a "7". We may or may not have set the clock 15 minutes late...they were definitely awake before that, but were content to sit and chat with each other. Nate woke up after they came out of bed. Not bad!