Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Failing rambles

There's something about sitting behind a computer and staring at a screen that makes my mind go blank. I don't know if this is a case of minor writer's stage fright, or if it is a lingering effect of having graduated from university and leaving the world of essays, assignments and exams behind. Oh, I remember the days and late blurry nights of being chained to the Computer Beast, pumping out words and paragraphs and citations as though my life depended on it. I wonder how many hundreds of pages of writing a university graduate has put together over the years - and how many of those, on average, are a result of last-minute scrambling and caffeine-stimulated brain cells working in overdrive.
It seems that my morning cup of coffee isn't affecting my brain quite the way it used to.
I think my brain is shrinking.
I need a book.
Yes.

No comments: