Thursday, October 06, 2005

On podiatry and patience

I think my feet are just about ready to give up the ghost and fall off. They've been so overwhelmed by the whole new job thing that they've gone into shock, and I don't know how much hope to hold for their recovery. As soon as I'm done this blog, I'm going to dress them up in soft fuzzy socks, sit down with them on a comfortable chair and read them a good book. I'll treat them to some warm tea and perhaps even a piece of chocolate, and then a good night's sleep and we'll see how they are bright and early tomorrow morning. And THEN after all that, I'll take them along with me again to work and plunge them back into the marathon mayhem that I have learned is working the aisles at Staples.
On another note, it has not taken me very long at all to discover that this whole new blogger-identity that I have assumed is likely to do one of two things for me, both of which stem from the sporadic and unbelievably slow internet service provided to us by our trusty institutional landlord. I will either quickly learn a whole new level of patience and anger management techniques or I will be driven to such a level of frustration that the damage suffered by our computer may quickly end my new blogger career before it really takes off. Let's all hope for the first option, as everyone could use a little extra patience.

No comments: