Thursday, October 20, 2005

Sleep Deprivation

I can't write much today because my fingers are burnt. Oh, not too badly but enough to make the tips shrivelled, red, and occasionally quite painful, especially when doing dishes. After a long and tiring day of work, I came home with a depleted reserve supply of active and alert brain cells. It was to be chicken pot pie for supper, and the oven needed to be heated up first. Unfortunately, we store our cookie sheets and the like on the two shelves in the oven, and these were not unloaded before they were heated up along with the oven to a crispy 350 degrees F. When we realized this, Mike, using his very intelligent brain, grabbed oven mitts and removed the first load of cooking stuff and when he had the second load of stuff and nowhere to put it, I had a brain fart and grabbed the first load with bare hands to stick it on top of the fridge. Needless to say my fingers got a little bit frizzled, and now they hurt. It was dumb, and I have decided that next time I burn myself it won't be my fingertips but it will be some body part that isn't quite as essential - perhaps my appendix. We had an extended conversation on the possibilities of such a thing being accomplished - how does one go about burning one's appendix without burning anything else in the process? My idea was a hot hot chili pepper encased in a slow-dissolving capsule, swallowed and then deftly manouevered via handstands and crunches to end up lodged in the appendix, where the capsule would break open. Mike's creative idea included many lasers coming from different directions, all converging on the appendix. Anyone with better ideas, feel free to let us know. Anyone else, who may think this conversation seems to be a little strange, you must realize that it is fueled by a mixture of creativity, curiousity, and exhaustion. Anyways, since I'm not going to be experimenting with chili peppers or lasers anytime soon, I need to get some ice.

No comments: