Saturday, October 22, 2005

The Return of Heat

It was somewhere around the beginning of September that we discovered our trusty little car's heater was refusing to work anymore. How long this was a problem, we can't be sure, but it certainly was a sad discovery. For the weeks since then, the lack of heat was not too bothersome and we were not thinking ahead to the imminent arrival of cold weather and the unfortunate reality of frost and foggy windows. This past Thursday I was met with the evil reality of a frosted-up windshield when I arrived at the car on my way to work early in the morning. Lacking a snowbrush and enough time to search for one, I unhappily scraped the ice off with my fingers, and drove to work with hands so cold that the beautiful sunrise did not get as much respect and awe as it certainly deserved. It really was a fantastic sunrise - do they become extra spectacular in the autumn or is it just that I'm able to enjoy them more now? Anyways. While I was visiting my parents this afternoon, my Dad went out in the rain to take a look at the car and, "all done", he fixed it!! Thanks Dad!!

2 comments:

Karen said...

what? no window scraper in a former Mussche's car?? ;) tsk tsk.
glad to hear you won't freeze anymore! Your poor fingers this week!!

Rachel said...

gotta love dads!! p.s. are you joining us to watch GG this week? I think we're watching it Wed. Call me if you are! or i'll call you... :)